The Senior Estimator provides conceptual, preliminary/progressive estimating along with lump-sum bidding on assigned projects. The Senior Estimator is able to multi-task and deliver a comprehensive estimate ready for management review. Our new Senior Estimator will be experienced in the variety of building projects typical to the market sectors we serve and the various delivery methods (lump sum, negotiated, design/build) we use.
How You’ll Make a Difference
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Estimating, the Senior Estimator will work closely with all members of the project team and will be responsible for the following:
• Participating in and/or attending pre-bid meetings, bid strategy meetings, and presentations
• Preparing, reviewing, coordinating and executing complex proposals in accordance with guidelines
• Working with our Director of Safety Operations and General Superintendent on staffing and logistics requirements
• Performing quantity take-offs and pricing of construction work, in CSI formats and Uniformat
• Engaging subcontractors, facilitating fair and competitive bidding
• Incorporating historical data from prior projects into current commitments
• Managing bid compilation
• Becoming proficient using new technology, systems and software acquired by the Company
• Soliciting subcontractor/vendor pricing, reviewing and distributing bid documents, responding to bidder questions, developing scopes of work and responsibilities
• Reviewing project RFP documents for accuracy and completeness and developing questions as they relate to assigned scope of work
• Evaluating and analyzing subcontractor/vendor proposal to ensure accuracy in scope (quantities, schedule, clarification, qualifications, etc.)
• Preparing subcontractor/vendor price analysis sheets
• Assisting with purchasing and defining subcontractor/vendor agreement scope of work
• Pricing self-performed work – selective demolition, concrete, and carpentry
• Preparing and analyzing General Conditions/Requirements including project schedule, durations and/or phases of work necessary to complete the work
• Reviewing and understanding actual costs from similar projects to help prepare new proposals
• Working with other estimators to keep subcontractors apprised of BBE projects
• Updating management and clients on bidding status
• Providing estimating support to ongoing projects for large/significant scope changes
• BS/BA in Construction Management, Engineering Technology, or Engineering
• 7+ years of construction estimating experience
• Excellent skills in: Understanding construction documents, contracts, pricing/procurement strategies, and professional letter writing.
• Proficient in Excel, Project, Word, OST, and iSqFt
• Thinks like a leader, works like an owner
BBE is all about building…relationships, projects and careers. We are an award-winning, ENR Top 400 Contractor with over 100 years of outstanding success providing comprehensive construction and preconstruction services to clients in the corporate, manufacturing, academic and manufacturing business sectors. We specialize in executing large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for our clients, employees and the community. At BBE, we work to understand our client’s needs first, assign the right team and strive to create value in everything we do. We are focused on always doing it right and continuously improving.
We provide excellent compensation and benefits, challenging work, opportunities for development and to be a part of a company that values its staff and cares about the community.
Health and Wellness:
Medical and Dental Insurance (Premium cost sharing between the company and employee)
Health saving accounts
Work Life Balance:
Paid Maternal Leave
Vacation and personal time
Company fun events, & holiday parties
In-house golf simulator
Dress code: business casual
Support for charitable causes
Professional development opportunities
Education reimbursement/tuition reimbursement
Company paid life insurance
At BBE, we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, race, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any applicant for these or any other federal, state or local protected classes.