The Project Accountant plays a central role in maintaining internal project financial reports which are reviewed, timely, accurate and complete. In addition, the Project Account's role is integral to the generation of accurate and timely bills to our clients.
How You’ll Make a Difference
From project set up to final project close-out, you’ll support the project manager(s) and field staff as you carry out the following responsibilities:
• Maintaining project-related records, including contracts, change orders, billing documents and cost reports.
• Preparing monthly owner progress billings (AIA) and other forms to ensure the schedule of values and monthly billings are accurate and prepared timely.
• Maintaining and reviewing various project billing and cost reports to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Working with other accounting team members and project managers to maintain consistent and accurate project budget variance reports
• Communicating with various stakeholders in the construction process to ensure timely and accurate reporting
• Assisting with reconciliations and research, as needed
•Project Accounting: 2 years’ experience (Preferred)
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel
• Knowledge of Sage 300 Construction or similar software a plus
• Construction accounting experience with AIA owner billings, project cost reporting and construction compliance is preferred
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and have strong attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals. Willingness to cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and ccomplish company objectives
BBE is all about building…relationships, projects and careers. We are an award-winning, ENR Top 400 Contractor with over 100 years of outstanding success providing comprehensive construction and preconstruction services to clients in the corporate, manufacturing, academic and manufacturing business sectors. We specialize in executing large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for our clients, employees and the community. At BBE, we work to understand our client’s needs first, assign the right team and strive to create value in everything we do. We are focused on always doing it right and continuously improving.
We provide excellent compensation and benefits, challenging work, opportunities for development and to be a part of a company that values its staff and cares about the community.
Health and Wellness:
Medical and Dental Insurance (Premium cost sharing between the company and employee)
Health saving accounts
Short-term and long-term disability insurances
Work Life Balance:
Paid Maternal Leave
Vacation and personal time
Flexible Friday hours
Company fun events, & holiday parties
In-house golf simulator
Dress code: business casual
Support for charitable causes
Professional development opportunities
Hartford Courant 2023 Top Workplace & Small Business Benefits Award
Education reimbursement/tuition reimbursement
Company paid life insurance
At BBE, we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, race, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any applicant for these or any other federal, state or local protected classes.